a3 October 2012

Falling into the water

Today I would like to post an action shot. The Canary Islands are visited by enthusiasts of all water sports (surfing, windsurfing, kitesurfing, swimming, yachting, scuba diving) so it's also a great place if you want to photograph these water activities. Although I'm not sport/action photographer I spent a few hours shooting water sports and here is one of the photos. I was observing this windsurfer for a while when he was making a turn and noticed that he had some problems with balance. So I aimed my camera at him and waited. After just a few seconds he felt into the water (of course he soon get out of it).

I used my crop Canon 50D body with 70-300 lens. On a crop 300 mm became equivalent of 480 mm on a full sensor so I could get really close. But I still regretted not having teleconverter or at least 400 mm lens with me to get even closer to the action :) To froze motion I used exposure of 1/1000 s.

EXIF data:
Camera: Canon 50D
Lens: Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS USM
Focal length: 300 mm
Aperture: f/5.6
Exposure time: 1/1000 s
ISO: 250
Number of exposures: 1
E.V. Step: n/a
Flash used: no
Tripod: no
Filters: no
Software: Lightroom 4.1, Photoshop CS5

A real beauty of a shot.

Post a Comment

1 komentarze: