a6 October 2012

Sunrise on the Canary Islands

I took this sunrise photo on the Fuerteventura Island during one of the most beautiful sunrises I've ever seen (with a lot of oranges and pinks in the sky and greens and blues in the water). To be honest I'm not very enthusiastic on getting before 9 AM but I've heard so many good things about sunrises on the Canary Islands that I simply couldn't miss that very opportunity to photograph them at least a couple of times. However, I'm not sure if I really like this shot. Yes, I like the composition (especially with the reflection in the bottom right part), I like the clouds and the look of water but there is something I miss in this photo and I don't yet know - what.

Today I planned to write a tutorial about astrophotography but I was very short of time, so sorry - not today. Tomorrow I have a photo shoot planned so I might also not be able to do this but still expect it tomorrow evening (CET time) or on Monday in the worst case. Moreover I have plans to write 3 - 4 other tutorials in the following 2 weeks so expect some cool stuff here :)

EXIF data:
Camera: Canon 5D MK II
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 24 mm
Aperture: f/11
Exposure time: 0.6 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 100
Number of exposures: 7
E.V. Step: 1.5 E.V.
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Software: Photomatix Pro 4.2.4, Lightroom 4.1, Photoshop CS5

Great shot and tutorials are always welcome.

Post a Comment

1 komentarze: